From: Yves Dhondt on
Maybe the nntp(a)microsoft.com came from people responsible for the forums. I
wouldn't be surprised if the people responsible for the actual news server
and its maintenance aren't aware of those messages.

Yves

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
The announcement came from someone on the STO (Server and Tools Online)
group, which is responsible for the forums, among other things, but you may
be right that they are not the ones who actually manage the servers because
whenever there is a server outage, we get the message that "My team is
investigating."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)