From: F Murtz on
me here wrote:
> F Murtz wrote:
>
>> me here wrote:

>>> Google for "Hotmail"
>>>
>>> Hit their link
>>>
>>> Use the URL that comes up for the sign in page.
>> I can try that but it is not much easier than what I do now, I get
>> the unwanted page up and then put www.hotmail.com in the address box
>> and the right page comes up. I want to know what has changed to make
>> me go through this rigmarole and how to fix it.
>
> OK, got it figured out.
>
> On your second screen at near top right is "options"
>
> Click on that and then click on the "show me windows live home after I
> sign in"
>
> Save, and then sign out and back in.
>
> How"s it look now?
>
> "

Nope still comes up with page I don't want.
From: Phred on
In article <4c5e4378(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>, F Murtz <haggisz(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>me here wrote:
>> F Murtz wrote:
>>
>>> The problem is still not fixed. When I click on the book mark it
>>> opens a page to sign on to windows live hotmail and when I do it
>>> opens a page a selection appears and when I click on inbox it puts my
>>> email list down the left of the page in big letters.The page looks
>>> nothing like my old hotmail page that I am used to. The only way to
>>> get this is to type www.hotmail.com in the url space and it then
>>> opens up like it used to.
>>>
>>> In case posters can not understand my wafflings, I post two pictures
>>> of my screen,the first is the unwanted new one that keeps coming up,
>>> the second is the page that I am used to.How can I stop the new one
>>> coming up all the time?
>>>
>>> http://picasaweb.google.com/FMurtz9/Hotmail?authkey=Gv1sRgCISJpJL83KDI
>>> dA&feat=directlink
>>
>> Google for "Hotmail"
>>
>> Hit their link
>>
>> Use the URL that comes up for the sign in page.
>I can try that but it is not much easier than what I do now, I get the
>unwanted page up and then put www.hotmail.com in the address box and the
>right page comes up. I want to know what has changed to make me go
>through this rigmarole and how to fix it.

Think yourself lucky anyway! :-) About two years ago Hotmail changed
something that subsequently prevented me from accessing my inbox at
all, even though I could log in and see/change my *account* details!
I just had to give up on them and move to Yahoo; which was a bit of a
pain because for some years I'd used Hotmail as my normal address
where I needed webmail for "serious" stuff.

Cheers, Phred.

--
ppnerkDELETE(a)THISyahoo.com.INVALID

From: me here on
Phred wrote:

> In article <4c5e4378(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>, F Murtz
> <haggisz(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > me here wrote:

> puts my >>> email list down the left of the page in big letters.The
> page looks >>> nothing like my old hotmail page that I am used to.
> The only way to >>> get this is to type www.hotmail.com in the url
> space and it then >>> opens up like it used to.

> pictures >>> of my screen,the first is the unwanted new one that
> keeps coming up, >>> the second is the page that I am used to.How can
> I stop the new one >>> coming up all the time?
> > > >

> http://picasaweb.google.com/FMurtz9/Hotmail?authkey=Gv1sRgCISJpJL83KDI
> > >
> >> Google for "Hotmail"
> > >
> >> Hit their link
> > >
> >> Use the URL that comes up for the sign in page.
> > I can try that but it is not much easier than what I do now, I get
> > the unwanted page up and then put www.hotmail.com in the address
> > box and the right page comes up. I want to know what has changed to
> > make me go through this rigmarole and how to fix it.
>
> Think yourself lucky anyway! :-) About two years ago Hotmail
> changed something that subsequently prevented me from accessing my
> inbox at all, even though I could log in and see/change my account
> details! I just had to give up on them and move to Yahoo; which was
> a bit of a pain because for some years I'd used Hotmail as my normal
> address where I needed webmail for "serious" stuff.
>
> Cheers, Phred.

One thing that definitely kills Hotmail is Kerio Firewall with the web
filtering option turned on.

I managed to figure this out, but it had me puzzled for a while.

So it doesn't take much to cause problems.

From: atec77 on
On 8/08/2010 7:46 PM, F Murtz wrote:
> me here wrote:
>> F Murtz wrote:

>>> I can try that but it is not much easier than what I do now, I get
>>> the unwanted page up and then put www.hotmail.com in the address box
>>> and the right page comes up. I want to know what has changed to make
>>> me go through this rigmarole and how to fix it.
>>
>> OK, got it figured out.
>>
>> On your second screen at near top right is "options"
>>
>> Click on that and then click on the "show me windows live home after I
>> sign in"
>>
>> Save, and then sign out and back in.
>>
>> How"s it look now?
>>
>> "
>

> Nope still comes up with page I don't want.
So did you flush the cashe then apply the fixes ?

From: me here on
F Murtz wrote:

> me here wrote:
> > F Murtz wrote:

> > > I can try that but it is not much easier than what I do now, I get
> > > the unwanted page up and then put www.hotmail.com in the address
> > > box and the right page comes up. I want to know what has changed
> > > to make me go through this rigmarole and how to fix it.
> >
> > OK, got it figured out.
> >
> > On your second screen at near top right is "options"
> >
> > Click on that and then click on the "show me windows live home
> > after I sign in"
> >
> > Save, and then sign out and back in.
> >
> > How"s it look now?
> >
> > "
>

> Nope still comes up with page I don't want.

You must have jinxed me :-)

Now I have similar problems that I can't get around.

After my Hotmail suddenly chopped off the right hand side of my text
viewing pane and screwed up attached images (in 800 x 600 mode viewing)
I can only agree with you that MS have totally stuffed up this service
using standard browsers.

However, there is an easy fix.

Download and use the latest version of Mozilla Thunderbird.

Just enter the Hotmail email address and password when setting it up,
and it picks up the Hotmail service straight off.

Works bloody brilliantly.

Goodbye MS Live and your damned advertising rubbish.

Rob