From: mipona on
i have a website that has 6 main pages that are called by the addChild method
3 of them has their own timeline navigation and there is a video that is supposed to play when a certain button is clicked, calling the frame that contains the video.

my problem was that when i was playing the video and i want to navigate away from that page, the video is still playing i solved this problem by adding an if statement to the main time line that stops the video if it is playing...
that gave me another problem....

the other 5 buttons for the rest 5 pages only respond if the video is playing...
that means if i'm on another frame other than the one containing the video, the buttons stops respondin and the following output error appears:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

my if statement was :
if (currentPage == page_3)
{
page_3.video1.stop();
}

i tried adding another condition that fires this if statement only when the video is playing but nothing more happened....

any help guys???

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/68_2004_4_0_0_315985/Stop-FLV-From-Playing.htm

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
http://www.developmentnow.com/g/
From: mipona on
i solved the problem!!!!

my problem was that i had the movie in a single frame
you have to put the video in all the frames so that AS can see it while you click the buttons
i did this by putting the video in movie clip
had 2 keyframes on the time line of my page on with the movieclip with alpha=0
and another with the movieclip with alpha = 100
dont forget to remove the autoplay option
enjoyyyyyyyy :):)

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/68_2004_4_0_0_315985/Stop-FLV-From-Playing.htm