From: meangene on
I know I can start a .mdb using "Start C:\AppName.mdb" at the command line or
in a .bat.. Once open how would one stop or restart the same app from command
line?
From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 10:10:14 -0700, meangene
<meangene(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I know I can start a .mdb using "Start C:\AppName.mdb" at the command line or
>in a .bat.. Once open how would one stop or restart the same app from command
>line?

Access isn't run as a Service (maybe it could be but...) and normally one
would use the user interface (either the red X or a command button on a form)
to exit and close down the program. Having it "stopped" while you're working
on it would be most disruptive and would peeve me mightily if it happened to
me! If you're running some batch program within Access, I'd suggest launching
it from VBA or from a Macro, and putting a line Application.Quit at the end of
the operation.

Why do you want to stop the database externally?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: David W. Fenton on
John W. Vinson <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in

> Access isn't run as a Service (maybe it could be but...)

No, it couldn't be. Services are not supposed to have a UI.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/

Pages: 1
Prev: What Event To Use