From: stevescottwork on
This happens on Dev and Live...no idea why...

I saw another post with a similar error on the asp.net forums with no
answers, however it was identical except for the Telerik part of the stack

Server Error in '/' Application.
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key]
System.Web.Caching.CacheKey..ctor(String key, Boolean isPublic) +11232998
System.Web.Caching.CacheInternal.DoGet(Boolean isPublic, String key,
CacheGetOptions getOptions) +62

Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.SpamProtection.Captcha.CaptchaProtector.GetCachedCaptcha(String guid) +27

Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.SpamProtection.Captcha.CaptchaProtector.ValidateCaptcha(String userEntry) +24
Telerik.Web.UI.SpamProtection.SpamProtector.Validate() +132
Telerik.Cms.Web.CmsPageBase.Validate(String validationGroup) +194
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
+105
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981

From: Gregory A. Beamer on

"stevescottwork" <stevescottwork(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This happens on Dev and Live...no idea why...
>
> I saw another post with a similar error on the asp.net forums with no
> answers, however it was identical except for the Telerik part of the stack
>
> Server Error in '/' Application.
> Value cannot be null.
> Parameter name: key
> about
>
> Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
> Parameter name: key

You are using caching, I assume, as that is where the error is in the stack
trace. Perhaps using a vary by X mode? And you are not supplying a default
X. That is a wild guess, as I don't see any of your page or code, but I can
definitely tell a null key value is being placed into cache.

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg

Twitter: @gbworld