From: "Gregg Hill" greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot on
I just found this article when Googling dozens of complaints about this
Intel wireless card.

http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-006205.htm

Some say it fixed it, other say not. Some say old drivers work fine while
new ones do not.

I will go there on Monday to try both that article and old drivers, and I'll
bring a newer wireless router to use as a test.

Gregg Hill

From: Robert L. (MS-MVP) on
Please keep us update.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
http://www.HowToNetworking.com
"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in
message news:OD9PDBJBJHA.1892(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

From: Pavel A. on
Have you seen this?

<quote>
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking,
microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
From: BigAl...(a)gmail.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 23:31:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Simple file sharing on Workgroup in XP

>If that works, the problem you described is probably caused by a registry
>setting. Run the registry editor on PC1 and open this key:
>HLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA

>Set the value RestrictAnonymous to 0. Reboot and try browsing PC1 again.

</quote>

--PA

From: "Gregg Hill" greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot on
No I did not, but what does it have to do with extremely slow wireless web
browsing? The RestrictAnonymous reg key is related to computers browsing
each other on a network, not a computer browsing the Internet, as far as I
know.

As I noted, my problem is with browsing the web when connected via wireless
vs. no problem when a cable is used.

Gregg