From: collection60 on

Hi people, I'm getting this error.

Myles error LNK2005: "protected: static struct AFX_MSGMAP const *
__stdcall CSplashWnd::GetThisMessageMap(void)"
(?GetThisMessageMap(a)CSplashWnd@@KGPBUAFX_MSGMAP@@XZ) already defined in
Splasher.obj

What does it mean? I don't get it. it may be defined in Splasher.obj,
but where else is it also defined?? Also, where is Splasher.obj coming
from? Is it coming from a file I have named Splasher.cpp? I don't get
it.

From: John Carson on
<collection60(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi people, I'm getting this error.
>

> Myles error LNK2005: "protected: static struct AFX_MSGMAP const *
> __stdcall CSplashWnd::GetThisMessageMap(void)"
> (?GetThisMessageMap(a)CSplashWnd@@KGPBUAFX_MSGMAP@@XZ) already defined
> in Splasher.obj
>

> What does it mean? I don't get it. it may be defined in Splasher.obj,
> but where else is it also defined??

At the start of the line with "error LNK2005", does it list some other
file.obj?

> Also, where is Splasher.obj coming
> from? Is it coming from a file I have named Splasher.cpp?

If you have such a file, then almost certainly. Users can control the naming
of object files, but the default is for source code files to be converted
into obj files with the same name.

--
John Carson

From: Alex Blekhman on
<collection60(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi people, I'm getting this error.
>

> Myles error LNK2005: "protected: static struct AFX_MSGMAP
> const *
> __stdcall CSplashWnd::GetThisMessageMap(void)"
> (?GetThisMessageMap(a)CSplashWnd@@KGPBUAFX_MSGMAP@@XZ)
> already defined in
> Splasher.obj
>

> What does it mean? I don't get it. it may be defined in
> Splasher.obj,
> but where else is it also defined?? Also, where is
> Splasher.obj coming
> from? Is it coming from a file I have named Splasher.cpp?
> I don't get
> it.

Recheck all your message map definitions. It seems tha you
copied message map beginning

BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CSplashWnd, <baseClass>)

to other places and forgot to change `CSplashWnd' to
relevant class name.

Alex

From: collection60 on

Alex Blekhman wrote:
> <collection60(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi people, I'm getting this error.
> >

> > Myles error LNK2005: "protected: static struct AFX_MSGMAP
> > const *
> > __stdcall CSplashWnd::GetThisMessageMap(void)"
> > (?GetThisMessageMap(a)CSplashWnd@@KGPBUAFX_MSGMAP@@XZ)
> > already defined in
> > Splasher.obj
> >

> > What does it mean? I don't get it. it may be defined in
> > Splasher.obj,
> > but where else is it also defined?? Also, where is
> > Splasher.obj coming
> > from? Is it coming from a file I have named Splasher.cpp?
> > I don't get
> > it.
>

> Recheck all your message map definitions. It seems tha you
> copied message map beginning
>
> BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CSplashWnd, <baseClass>)
>
> to other places and forgot to change `CSplashWnd' to
> relevant class name.
>
> Alex

Thanks. That wasn't it, but it was close enough to help me find the
problem. Some else did the copying and left me to fix the mess ;) I
just had to delete the old file which he left around but was no longer
using.

Pages: 1
Prev: Problem installing dll on Vista
Next: LoadLibrary