From: Daniel Royer on
HI,

I have folders under c: with strange names combining letters and
numbers that don't make any sense. They seem to be related to updates.
What are they and can I delete them?

Daniel

PS Not to be confused with the ones under c:\windows.
--
_________________________________
Daniel Royer
From: Bruce Hagen on

"Daniel Royer" <daniel(a)royer.ch> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I have folders under c: with strange names combining letters and
> numbers that don't make any sense. They seem to be related to updates.
> What are they and can I delete them?
>
> Daniel
>
> PS Not to be confused with the ones under c:\windows.
> --
> _________________________________
> Daniel Royer
> University of Geneva
> daniel at royer dot ch

Click on one. Are they VDM files? Got MSE on your machine? That's where
they are from.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Shenan Stanley on
Daniel Royer wrote:
> I have folders under c: with strange names combining letters and
> numbers that don't make any sense. They seem to be related to
> updates. What are they and can I delete them?
>
> Daniel
>
> PS Not to be confused with the ones under c:\windows.

Temporary working folders for updates.
If you are able to delete them - you can deleted them.
Might have to take ownership/use Unlocker/etc.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Daniel Royer on
* Bruce Hagen wrote, On 10/01/2010 22:16:

> "Daniel Royer" <daniel(a)royer.ch> wrote in message
>> HI,
>>
>> I have folders under c: with strange names combining letters and
>> numbers that don't make any sense. They seem to be related to updates.
>> What are they and can I delete them?
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> PS Not to be confused with the ones under c:\windows.
>> --
>> _________________________________
>> Daniel Royer
>> University of Geneva
>> daniel at royer dot ch
>

> Click on one. Are they VDM files? Got MSE on your machine? That's where
> they are from.
What is MSE?

--
_________________________________
Daniel Royer
From: Bruce Hagen on

>* Bruce Hagen wrote, On 10/01/2010 22:16:
>>
>> "Daniel Royer" <daniel(a)royer.ch> wrote in message
>>> HI,
>>>
>>> I have folders under c: with strange names combining letters and
>>> numbers that don't make any sense. They seem to be related to updates.
>>> What are they and can I delete them?
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>
>>> PS Not to be confused with the ones under c:\windows.
>>> --
>>> _________________________________
>>> Daniel Royer
>>> University of Geneva
>>> daniel at royer dot ch
>>

>> Click on one. Are they VDM files? Got MSE on your machine? That's where
>> they are from.
> What is MSE?
>
> --
> Daniel Royer