From: Harold A. Climer on
Has anyone heard anything more about a version of StreamSmart
compatible with the HP50g as well as the 39/40?
Also has anyone heard anything about whether Vernier sensors will be
usable with an adapter.
I have had discussions with various member of my department about
getting one to test out. However they are not willing to go beyond
that if most of our Vernier sensor can not be used.
The attitude seems to be that HP50g etc. users will just have to suck
it up.
Harold A Climer
Dept. Of Physics Geology, and Astronomy
U.T, Chattanooga
Rm. 406A Engineering, Math & Computer Science Building
615 McCallie Ave. Chattanooga TN 37403
Harold-Cimer(a)utc.edu
From: Joe Horn on
Harold A. Climer wrote:

>  Has anyone heard anything more about a version of StreamSmart
> compatible with the HP50g as well as the 39/40?

The StreamSmart works just fine with the 50g, if you upgrade its ROM
to version C-2.15:
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=7097
On the 50g, you just type STRM to run the same aplet as the one in the
39/40.

> Also has anyone heard anything about whether Vernier sensors will be
> usable with an adapter.

Yes, it can use Vernier sensors.

To verify this claim, I just now used an HP 50g, a StreamSmart, and a
Fourier 5V voltage sensor, to measure a RCR123A Li-ion cell, nominally
3V. It measures 4.07V, which is typical when freshly charged.

Hope this helps!

-Joe-