From: Henk Oegema on
In Winamp there's a plug-in that records radio programs and cuts the mp3's
automatically into single files. This works for Windows.
Is there is similar program that I can use in SuSE9.3?

Thanks for your answer
Henk Oegema
From: Valentin Guillen on
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:34:52 +0000, Henk Oegema wrote:

> In Winamp there's a plug-in that records radio programs and cuts the mp3's
> automatically into single files. This works for Windows. Is there is
> similar program that I can use in SuSE9.3?
>
> Thanks for your answer
> Henk Oegema

Streamripper is the one. It's a command line utility which will record
and separate the tracks. There are also GUI front-ends available for it.

Also see this Thread by a poster called Patrika on Dec 12, also in this
newsgroup:

<pMWdnd1axM4umwPeRVn-qw(a)comcast.com> Subject: Record Internet Radio

If you're using Thunderbird, you may be able to click the link above and
be taken directly to that post.

Regards,

--Valentin
From: Grandpa Oi on
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:34:52 +0000, Henk Oegema wrote:

> In Winamp there's a plug-in that records radio programs and cuts the mp3's
> automatically into single files. This works for Windows.
> Is there is similar program that I can use in SuSE9.3?
>
> Thanks for your answer
> Henk Oegema

How about trying Streamripper?

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/suse/updates/9.3/i386/SuSE_Linux_9.3_(i586).html

look for streamripper.rpm

From: houghi on
Henk Oegema wrote:
> In Winamp there's a plug-in that records radio programs and cuts the mp3's
> automatically into single files. This works for Windows.
> Is there is similar program that I can use in SuSE9.3?

MPlayer can rip. I am not sure about the cutting part.

--
houghi Please do not toppost http://houghi.org
You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of
From: felmon davis on
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:07:03 -0700, Valentin Guillen wrote:

> Streamripper is the one. It's a command line utility which will record
> and separate the tracks. There are also GUI front-ends available for it.

I use one of the gui's which is very attractive and useful, kstreamripper
(under kde).

there are all these drm restrictions on making copies of materials. anyone
know if any of them apply to making copies by ripping a stream? of course
I assume one is prohibited from reselling, etc.

it seems almost as easy and convenient to find a good radio station or two
and rip mp3's. sound quality is fine (for me).

Felmon
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: CODEC32 installation error