From: Greg Rose on
In article <6bec6$4be397ff$54190f09$13435(a)cache4.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>,
Skybuck Flying <IntoTheFuture(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>I was thinking about using RSA for it's signature capabilities... it's
[...]

Just use PGP / GPG. You're mad to implement it yourself.

Greg.

From: Datesfat Chicks on
"unruh" <unruh(a)wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message

>> It also allows me to re-use tiger hash algorithm and maybe implement the
>> merkle tree myself so I don't have to be worried about code issue's ?! ;)
>> :)
>
> Sheesh. The ability of people to think that their own incompetence will
> overcome theoretical problems is astonishing. When yo fly a plane do you
> rush up to the cockpit and shoulder aside the pilot so that you can fly
> the plane?

You have to be careful how far your carry the argument above. Blind trust
isn't a good thing, either.

For example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Airlines_Flight_243

"According to the official NTSB report of the investigation, Gayle Yamamoto,
a passenger, noticed a crack in the fuselage upon boarding the aircraft
prior to the ill-fated flight but did not notify anyone.[4] The crack was
located aft of the front port side passenger door. The crack was probably
due to metal fatigue related to the 89,090 compression and decompression
cycles experienced in the short hop flights by Aloha."

If Gayle had opened her mouth, the mishap might have been averted. But
Gayle believed that the professional aviators knew what they were doing.

Datesfat