From: nc on
I already have a table 'Student', with unique field 'Student id'. I have a
list in Excel with the 'Student id' and their corresponding 'Debtor' value.
How can I populate the field 'Debtor' in Access database using this Excel
list.
From: ghetto_banjo on
Add a field "Debtor" to your "Student" table in Access.

Import your Excel spreadsheet as a table.

Run an update query, linking by Student ID, to update Debtor in your
Student table to the value in the imported table.
From: RonaldoOneNil on
Import the Excel list into a temporary table in access.
Create a query with your student table and your temporary table linked on
the student ID with the link of show all in student table and only those in
temporary table where the values match.
Put the Debtor field from your student table into your query grid and then
change the query into an update query. In the update to row, enter the debtor
field from your temporary table [Temp].[Debtor]

"nc" wrote:

> I already have a table 'Student', with unique field 'Student id'. I have a
> list in Excel with the 'Student id' and their corresponding 'Debtor' value.
> How can I populate the field 'Debtor' in Access database using this Excel
> list.

Pages: 1
Prev: Merge Records
Next: groetjes uit st vith