From: Max on
Cols R and U contain formulas till row 200. I need a sub to freeze cols R and
U from row 4 to the last row of data in col Q (taken from bottom up). Col Q
contains only data, no formulas. Thanks
From: Jacob Skaria on
Max, try the below in activesheet

Sub Macro()
Dim lngRow As Long

lngRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "Q").End(xlUp).Row
Cells.Locked = False
Range("Q4:R" & lngRow).Locked = True
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="password"
End Sub

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Max on
Sorry, what I meant by "freeze" was to convert the formulas in cols R and U
to values (copy > paste special as values). What should be changed in the sub
to do that? Thanks
From: Jacob Skaria on
Try

Columns("R") = columns("R").value
Columns("U") = columns("U").value

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Max on
Thanks, but I'm not sure how to adapt those lines to suit the desired
"freeze" extent, ie only from row 4 down to the last row of data in col Q,
not the entire col. Grateful if you could take a moment to piece it together
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Non-matching cells
Next: Limit due to selected cells