From: jassnaround on
I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members.
The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household
Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel. The table
Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many
relationship.
The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is
added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be
clicked forward by the number of household members. For Example, if only one
name is entered as a Household member, there is only one instance of the
Patient record shown when the record selector button is clicked. However, if
2 names are entered as Household Members, then the record selector button
will show the same patient 2 times.
What can I do to make it so that all Household members show up on one click
of the Patients record selector button?
From: Daryl S on
Jassnaround -

I would suspect your relationships are not quite right. Can you post your
table structures (table names with any key and foreign key field names) and
how the two tables are related?

--
Daryl S

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:36:01 -0700, jassnaround
<jassnaround(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members.
> The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household
>Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel. The table
>Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many
>relationship.
>The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is
>added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be
>clicked forward by the number of household members. For Example, if only one
>name is entered as a Household member, there is only one instance of the
>Patient record shown when the record selector button is clicked. However, if
>2 names are entered as Household Members, then the record selector button
>will show the same patient 2 times.
>What can I do to make it so that all Household members show up on one click
>of the Patients record selector button?

It sounds like you based the mainform, not on the Patients table, but on a
Query joining the Patients table to the FedPovertyLevel table (if that's in
fact the table containing household members).

Please open the form in design view and view its Properties. The first
property on the Data tab is the "Record Source". What's in that property? If
it's a query, click on the ... icon, open it in SQL view and post the SQL
here, if it's not obvious what to change.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]