From: techjohnny on
On May 13, 9:14 pm, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.s...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2010 09:18:07 -0700 (PDT), "techjoh...(a)gmail.com"
>
> <techjoh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Rather than Refresh you should use Requery.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> >OK.  I have a database that was working fine until a month ago, now
> >when an order is selected, another field is populated with serial
> >numbers, before once you selected the serial number, a subform
> >populate with
>
> >Part
> >Description                          Part NO
>
> >Now the subform,tblProdDetail subform, no longer populates after the
> >serial number is selected, although the serial number has a rule:
> >OnChange Refresh tblProdDetail subform
>
> >Nothing at the development level has changed, so we are all baffled.
>
> >Any help would be great!
>
> >Regards,
>
> >--tj

Yes, it runs a macro called "Refresh tblProdDetail Subform" this macro
includes:

SetValue: [Forms]![tblProdHeader]![tblParts].[Enabled]
SetValue [Forms]![tblProdHeader]![tblParts Serial Number].[Enabled]
Requery tblProdDetail subform
Requery tblSerialNumber subform
GoToControl tblProdDetail subform

Like I said before, nothing at the design level was added or changed,
so this is very baffling. The links are correct also, but why the
change?

--tj
From: techjohnny on
On May 14, 10:48 am, "techjoh...(a)gmail.com" <techjoh...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> On May 13, 9:14 pm, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.s...(a)cox.net> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 13 May 2010 09:18:07 -0700 (PDT), "techjoh...(a)gmail.com"
>
> > <techjoh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Rather than Refresh you should use Requery.
>
> > -Tom.
> > Microsoft Access MVP
>
> > >OK.  I have a database that was working fine until a month ago, now
> > >when an order is selected, another field is populated with serial
> > >numbers, before once you selected the serial number, a subform
> > >populate with
>
> > >Part
> > >Description                          Part NO
>
> > >Now the subform,tblProdDetail subform, no longer populates after the
> > >serial number is selected, although the serial number has a rule:
> > >OnChange Refresh tblProdDetail subform
>
> > >Nothing at the development level has changed, so we are all baffled.
>
> > >Any help would be great!
>
> > >Regards,
>
> > >--tj
>
> Yes, it runs a macro called "Refresh tblProdDetail Subform" this macro
> includes:
>
> SetValue: [Forms]![tblProdHeader]![tblParts].[Enabled]
> SetValue [Forms]![tblProdHeader]![tblParts Serial Number].[Enabled]
> Requery tblProdDetail subform
> Requery tblSerialNumber subform
> GoToControl tblProdDetail subform
>
> Like I said before, nothing at the design level was added or changed,
> so this is very baffling.  The links are correct also, but why the
> change?
>
> --tj

Resolved.

At least so far. I have absolutely no idea how this was changed or
how it was working before.

The following row was REMOVED from the macro on SerialNO change:
ApplyFilter
[Order]=[Forms]![tblProdHeader]![OrderEntry]

The following row was ADDED from the macro on SerialNO change:

FindRecord
=[OrderEntry]

GotoControl
Order

Can anybody explain how a macro is changed automatically? Can JetComp
make these changes?

Regards,

--tj