From: Br on
Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10.5/11.
Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.

When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
windows/screens/pages.

For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.

The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).

My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?

Please note that, there is no way I can do a speed test as the Host Machine
that I connect to is a Petrol Station - No access internet.

Look forward to hear from anyone soon.

Thank You.

Regards, Shah
ashah.nasarudin(a)gmail.com

From: Br on
Or more clear via VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal).

Regards, Shah

From: smlunatick on
On Jan 29, 9:37 am, Br(a)bus <Br...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Or more clear via VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal).
>
> Regards, Shah
>
> "Br(a)bus" wrote:
> > Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10..5/11.
> > Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.
>
> > When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
> > whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
> > establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
> > windows/screens/pages.
>
> > For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
> > I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
> > satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.
>
> > The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
> > that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
> > very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).
>
> > My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?
>
> > Please note that, there is no way I can do a speed test as the Host Machine
> > that I connect to is a Petrol Station - No access internet.
>
> > Look forward to hear from anyone soon.
>
> > Thank You.
>
> > Regards, Shah
> > ashah.nasaru...(a)gmail.com

This problem is not with any Windows versions. Your problem is with
pcAnywhere and there is no real method of improving the speed.
pcAnywhere by design will display the "graphic" display on both the
remote display and yours.
From: Br on
But it works fine with WinNT (I'm not sure what was done previously). Special
parameters need to be added into the registry?

Really appreciate your advice.

Regards, Shah