From: rye1982 on
Hi,

I'm a somewhat basic Access user, so please bear with me.

I have a data entry form where the user enters a number of non-required text
fields. They then click a button (Add Record) to add the info to a table.

What I'm hoping to do, is for the fields that they've left blank, to have
them inputted into the table as saying "Not Applicable."

What's the easiest way to do so? Should I be using IIF and ISNULL code in
Code Builder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

- Ryan

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Why not just leave them as Null in the table, and set the Format for the
field to display Not Applicable for Null values?

Use @;"Not applicable" as the Format.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"rye1982" <rye1982(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm a somewhat basic Access user, so please bear with me.
>
> I have a data entry form where the user enters a number of non-required
> text
> fields. They then click a button (Add Record) to add the info to a table.
>
> What I'm hoping to do, is for the fields that they've left blank, to have
> them inputted into the table as saying "Not Applicable."
>
> What's the easiest way to do so? Should I be using IIF and ISNULL code in
> Code Builder?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
>
> - Ryan

Pages: 1
Prev: Opening the form
Next: "Exit Access" Code