From: E-Double on
What are the suggested WinXP local/machine priviliges for WinXP users on a
domain ? Assuming that these users should not be Local Admins, should they
just get added to the WinXP local Users group ? Are there any known,
critical issues with users having restricted priviliges that necessitate work
arounds ? Will the users still be able to do basic functions like degrag,
add to Favorites & Contacts, etc... ? TIA ...

e.
From: Shenan Stanley on
E-Double wrote:
> What are the suggested WinXP local/machine priviliges for WinXP
> users on a domain ? Assuming that these users should not be Local
> Admins, should they just get added to the WinXP local Users group ?
> Are there any known, critical issues with users having restricted
> priviliges that necessitate work arounds ? Will the users still be
> able to do basic functions like degrag, add to Favorites &
> Contacts, etc... ? TIA ...

Users only - only the IT support staff should have local admin rights or any
admin rights in the domain.

When a machine is joined to the domain, the default would be that they are
just local users. They will be able to do everything that a normal user
should be able to do.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: E-Double on
Perfect, thanks ! That makes sense, and we wanted to make sure that we were
following the Best Practices ...

e.