From: James Egan on
I have a digital camera which takes 720p video, which looks pretty good.
I'm interested in one which can take 1080p HD video, that's hopefully
under $700. Any recommendations or useful information would be much
appreciated.
From: J�rgen Exner on
James Egan <jegan473(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>I have a digital camera which takes 720p video, which looks pretty good.
>I'm interested in one which can take 1080p HD video, that's hopefully
>under $700. Any recommendations or useful information would be much
>appreciated.

You may want to ask in NG that actually deals with video cameras rather
then still photos.

jue
From: Alfred Molon on
In article <ngnmg51r9h6a8o9eicehg9mqprsvn83v20(a)4ax.com>, Jürgen Exner
says...
> James Egan wrote:
> >I have a digital camera which takes 720p video, which looks pretty good.
> >I'm interested in one which can take 1080p HD video, that's hopefully
> >under $700. Any recommendations or useful information would be much
> >appreciated.
>
> You may want to ask in NG that actually deals with video cameras rather
> then still photos.

He is looking for a camera with video function, not for a videocamera.
By the way, the lines are blurring between cameras and video cameras.
Video cameras can now capture high res stills (9MP is possible for
instance) and cameras are able to capture high res video.
--

Alfred Molon
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:17:05 -0800, J�rgen Exner
<jurgenex(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>James Egan <jegan473(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>I have a digital camera which takes 720p video, which looks pretty good.
>>I'm interested in one which can take 1080p HD video, that's hopefully
>>under $700. Any recommendations or useful information would be much
>>appreciated.
>
>You may want to ask in NG that actually deals with video cameras rather
>then still photos.
>
>jue

There is no such group
From: ransley on
On Nov 23, 9:43 pm, James Egan <jegan...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> I have a digital camera which takes 720p video, which looks pretty good.
> I'm interested in one which can take 1080p HD video, that's hopefully
> under $700.  Any recommendations or useful information would be much
> appreciated.

Maybe next year. I dont know of any yet in your price range you will
be happy with, a Canon Rebel does 1080p but only at 20 frames a
minute. The 5 D does it for near 3000.00 tax included at a good frame
rate. Check out dp review. Video at a high resolution and fame rate
will eat your card up fast. But get a video camera if video will be
done alot as a few important features can be missing, like focusing,
image stabilisation, so you might get your 1080p camera only to find
it wont change focus, exposure or have stabilisation like a dedicated
video camera. Review it and try it before you buy it. The rebel t1i
does 720p at 30 fpm but may not have all the features you need.