From: AccessKay on
I have a table for employees that includes the usual description fields for
employees. This is one of my master tables with the employee ID being the
primary key. Then I have another table that stores all employee hours that I
add on to monthly via an import from Excel (emplID is foreign key). I want
to keep track of all of the employees that are new or terminate. I'd like
Access to recognize if an employee is missing or new and later be able to
create a report for recent new hires or terminations. I may be expecting
too much and if so please give me your opinion on this. It wouldn't be that
big of a deal to track it manually but I wanted to see if anyone had any
suggestions.

Thanks for any help.

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
AccessKay wrote:
>I have a table for employees that includes the usual description fields for
>employees. This is one of my master tables with the employee ID being the
>primary key. Then I have another table that stores all employee hours that I
>add on to monthly via an import from Excel (emplID is foreign key). I want
>to keep track of all of the employees that are new or terminate. I'd like
>Access to recognize if an employee is missing or new and later be able to
>create a report for recent new hires or terminations. I may be expecting
>too much and if so please give me your opinion on this. It wouldn't be that
>big of a deal to track it manually but I wanted to see if anyone had any
>suggestions.
>
>Thanks for any help.

All the employees that are new are (usually) the ones in one table but not
the other. For that, use the Find Unmatched query wizard. How do you know
if an employee has been terminated? He may not have any hours listed because
he's on vacation....

Pages: 1
Prev: database strange behavior