From: Seanie on
I wish to sum all data in Sheet2 Column J, if the value in Sheet2
Column B = The value in Sheet1 Column A

I've tried =SUMPRODUCT(PC_Month_Locations=A8,PC_Month)

Named Ranges above used instead of absolute references
From: Dave Peterson on
If your ranges are defined correctly:

=sumif(pc_month_locations,a8,pc_month)

If you wanted to use =sumproduct():
=SUMPRODUCT(--(PC_Month_Locations=A8),PC_Month)

Adjust the ranges to match--but you can't use whole columns (except in xl2007+).

=sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- stuff changes trues and falses
to 1's and 0's.

Bob Phillips explains =sumproduct() in much more detail here:

And J.E. McGimpsey has some notes at:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html

--

Dave Peterson