From: Debi on
I am creating a holiday card for staff in the office and wanted to know if
there is a sumif function for adding up the number of times a specific letter
appears in a row. I have created a calendar using the names of staff (on the
vertical) and the dates (on the horizontal) and now need to put in a function
that will allow me to collect the number of "H" characters (holidays) for
each row.

been at it all morning but I am missing a bracket or a comma somewhere.....
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Because they are letters you would count them and not sum them so you can
use COUNTIF

=COUNTIF(A1:J1,"H")

Change the range and drag down as required.
--
Mike

question.

From: Debi on