From: Scott Meyers on
I've put together a summary of C++0x support in gcc and MSVC, and I think this
summary may be useful to others. It's now available at
http://www.aristeia.com/C++0x/C++0xFeatureAvailability.htm .

Both C++0x and compiler support for it are moving targets, so the information in
the summary will get out of date over time, and of course there may be errors in
the summary as it stands now. My goal is to keep the summary both accurate and
up to date, so if you see anything that needs improvement, please let me know:
smeyers(a)aristeia.com.

Thanks,

Scott

From: Brian on
On Mar 6, 7:15 pm, Scott Meyers <NeverR...(a)aristeia.com> wrote:
> I've put together a summary of C++0x support in gcc and MSVC, and I think this
> summary may be useful to others. It's now available athttp://www.aristeia.com/C++0x/C++0xFeatureAvailability.htm.
>
> Both C++0x and compiler support for it are moving targets, so the information in
> the summary will get out of date over time, and of course there may be errors in
> the summary as it stands now. My goal is to keep the summary both accurate and
> up to date, so if you see anything that needs improvement, please let me know:
> smey...(a)aristeia.com.

To summarize the summary, it looks like gnu, intel and microsoft
are leading the pack. Whereas HP, IBM and Sun are falling
behind.

Brian Wood
http://webEbenezer.net
(651) 251-9384

From: Scott Meyers on
Brian wrote:
> To summarize the summary, it looks like gnu, intel and microsoft
> are leading the pack. Whereas HP, IBM and Sun are falling
> behind.

Something else worth taking away from the summary is that there is a *lot* of
C++0x available to play with right now. auto, lambdas, rvalue references,
variadic templates, uniform initialization, nullptr, decltype, static_assert,
default and deleted functions, unique_ptr, forward_list, regular expressions,
and a whole bunch more are at your disposal. Alas, no compiler (that I know of)
offers all these things at the same time, but for purposes of playing around
with different features (and many combinations of features), C++0x is your oyster.

Scott

From: Mathias Gaunard on
On 7 mar, 01:15, Scott Meyers <NeverR...(a)aristeia.com> wrote:
> I've put together a summary of C++0x support in gcc and MSVC, and I think this
> summary may be useful to others. It's now available athttp://www.aristeia.com/C++0x/C++0xFeatureAvailability.htm.

You give the current support of a MSVC beta, but not that of the 4.5
branch of GCC?

From: Scott Meyers on
Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> You give the current support of a MSVC beta, but not that of the 4.5
> branch of GCC?

Right, sorry. I give information for what I personally checked. If it makes
you feel any better, I don't give information for MSVC 10 RC, which came out
recently. I haven't had time to do any testing with that compiler, either.

Scott