From: Krish on
I have the following columns in a table.
Customer #
Product #
Invoice #
Pack Size

For every Product shipped to a customer we want to charge a lump sum fees
for the number of boxes. I want to see the fees show up only in one line
where the identical Invoice # and Customer # ends. Is it prudent to use
Sumproduct? If so can I have the formula please?

Thanks
From: Tom-S on
Provided the data in your Pack Size column is the number of boxes being
shipped to the customer, then I would just add another column headed
something like Shipping Fees; then, say Pack Size is in column D and Shipping
Fees column E, and the customer information starts on row 2, use
=D2*ShpFeePerBox
as your formula in column E, and somewhere in your workbook create a named
range called ShpFeePerBox, where that cell contains the shipping fee you want
to charge per box.

If, however, the data in Pack Size isn't the number of boxes being shipped
then you would just need to create a column for it.

If you don't want to see individual cutomer shipping fees, just the total
for a certain batch of customers, then say this batch is from rows 2 to 20
and Pack Size is the number of boxes (in column D), then total fees would be
=SUM(D2:D20)*ShpFeePerBox

No need to use the sumproduct function here I think.

Regards,

Tom

"Krish" wrote:

> I have the following columns in a table.
> Customer #
> Product #
> Invoice #
> Pack Size
>
> For every Product shipped to a customer we want to charge a lump sum fees
> for the number of boxes. I want to see the fees show up only in one line
> where the identical Invoice # and Customer # ends. Is it prudent to use
> Sumproduct? If so can I have the formula please?
>
> Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: Ytd formula
Next: Filter formula