From: Steve B on
I want to do some youtube recordings of just straight face on verbal video
to link to my website. I have access to a Sony HD camera, a very nice one,
but just on a limited basis. It would be overkill for what I want to do. I
do own an old Sony Handicam HI 8 with the Night Shot. But it is a Hi 8
format.

What would I have to do to use this little camera for my needs and download
it to a computer? Or should I just use the good HD camera on an
availability basis?

Thanks

Steve

From: Jeff Strickland on
There are several video capture kits that include a device to convert your
Hi8 to a USB input source and a software application to edit the clips you
move to digital format.

I'm not able to give a suggestion as to which is better, or which is worse,
but I selected a product from Pinnacle Systems. As I recall, there were
three different products, as one moves up the price-points the features and
functions increase. I selected a mid-point product and it works pretty well,
although I have nothing to compare it to.

You can buy a video recorder for $200 that will get the job done. You can
buy a Pinnacle product for about $120, and convert your Hi8 format videos to
digital. The converter lets you burn your old movies to DVD, which is
probably a plus.

From: sandy58 on
On Apr 9, 1:58 am, "Steve B" <deserttrave...(a)dishynail.net> wrote:
> I want to do some youtube recordings of just straight face on verbal video
> to link to my website.  I have access to a Sony HD camera, a very nice one,
> but just on a limited basis.  It would be overkill for what I want to do.  I
> do own an old Sony Handicam HI 8 with the Night Shot.  But it is a Hi 8
> format.
>
> What would I have to do to use this little camera for my needs and download
> it to a computer?  Or should I just use the good HD camera on an
> availability basis?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

Ping Ken Maltby in alt.video.dvd.authoring. He's the man to see.

Pages: 1
Prev: CD problems
Next: SLI/Crossfire Ready?