From: Mommybear on
I have a report that is sorted by Floor, Department, then by Room. My floors
are 1-12. In order to get them to sort properly I have them in the database
as: 01, 02, 03, etc else they sort like this 1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3, etc.

These are showing on my report as:
01, 02, 03, etc and I only want them to appear as a single digit, 1, 2, 3,
etc. I tried setting the format to ## but it still shows the leading zero.

Any suggestions.

Dawn
From: Duane Hookom on
You can wrap the Floor field in the Val() function. This would also aid in
sorting since the Val() of 2 would sort before the Val() of 13.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Mommybear on
Doing this gave me a result of #### in my report. I did forget to mention
that my format was text and not numeric. When I tried to change the format,
I got a "not enough space" error. I have over 33k records. I do have some
alphanumeric values as well (B1, B2). Which should be sorting first. "Duane

From: Duane Hookom on
Did you change the name of the text box? You can't have a text box named
"Floor" with a control source like:
=Valu(Floor)

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: Mommybear on
Floors 1-9 worked great however, 10, 11, 12, were excluded and B1 and B2
appeared as an Error as did the floors with no value.