From: A. S. on
Hi!
I wrote a macro to save and restore options. However the OPTIONS
NOMPRINT line is still printed to the log. How can I suppress this
output?
It's written every time I call one of my macros :(
From: Lou on

"A. S." <the.gerenuk(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I wrote a macro to save and restore options. However the OPTIONS
> NOMPRINT line is still printed to the log. How can I suppress this
> output?
> It's written every time I call one of my macros :(

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm curious - what does your
macro do that PROC OPTSAVE and PROC OPTLOAD doesn't?

From: A. S. on
> I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm curious - what does your
> macro do that PROC OPTSAVE and PROC OPTLOAD doesn't?

I guess I don't have an up-to-date documentation and I could use PROC
OPTSAVE?
Will there be no log output for it? Because all my macros call the
options save and I don't want to be spammed with log output from it.
From: Lou on

> > I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm curious - what does
your
> > macro do that PROC OPTSAVE and PROC OPTLOAD doesn't?
>
> I guess I don't have an up-to-date documentation and I could use PROC
> OPTSAVE?
> Will there be no log output for it? Because all my macros call the
> options save and I don't want to be spammed with log output from it.

As far as up to date documentation is concerned, if you have web access, it
shouldn't be an issue - see for instance
http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/docMainpage.jsp

I don't know what you mean by "spammed" - a line of output on the LOG
doesn't seem excessive to me. For instance, to save option values, the log
looks like

1 proc optsave out = optsave;
2 quit;

NOTE: The data set WORK.OPTSAVE has 190 observations and 2 variables.
NOTE: PROCEDURE OPTSAVE used (Total process time):
real time 0.03 seconds
cpu time 0.01 seconds

Those two lines save the settings for 190 options on my system. To reload
those options, the log looks like