From: Linda on
My switchboard comes up with QUIT in the label area on top of the selections.
I looked at it in design mode and it looked like Label1 was Quit and Label2
had the label I wanted. So, I deleted the label with Quit in it. Now the
switchboard won't start has an error "The control name 'Label1' is misspelled
or refers to a control that doesn't exist." Then when I click OK the error
box states the Macro name is Switchboard:Form:OnOpen:Embedded Macro,
Condition: True, Action Name SetProperty, Arguments:Label1, 9, quit, Error
Number: 2950
Can anyone tell me how to replace Label1 for the switchboard or get it to
look for Label2 to start with.

BUT FIRST ... I did a dumb thing, while trying to work on the above problem
I managed to hide the switchboard. How can I make it visible again?

Thank you so much!
--
Linda
From: J_Goddard via AccessMonster.com on
Hi -

What do you mean when you say the switchboard is hidden? Does it appear in
the list of forms?

Once you find it, you will have to manually edit the Switchboard form (a
switchboard is just a form with some code maintained for you by MS Access) to
put the label control called label1 back on to it.

John

--
John Goddard
Ottawa, ON Canada

From: KARL DEWEY on
What version of Access do you have? Do you have a backup copy of your
database, even if it is very old? If you do then open that copy in a
separate window.

Import the Switchboard form and table named Switchboard Items. Access will
add a suffix of '_1' to each.

Make a backup copy of your database.

Delete your old Switchboard form and table named Switchboard Items. Rename
the imported form and table by removing the suffix.

Try it.

--
Build a little, test a little.