From: Joe McGuire on
I seem to be unable to switch between my two profiles in OL 2003 without
substantial trouble. For a while I was able to do so by closing OL in one
profile and restareting it ans selecting the other profile. For the past
many months I have had to open the Windows Task Manager after closing OL and
stopping Outlook.exe and then restarting OL and selecting the other profile.
M<Ore recently, however, even that step almost always fails. I am pretty
much down to rebooting the darned computer in order to change profiles. And
you know how long that can take. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to
fix?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Joe McGuire" <mcguirejw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

>I seem to be unable to switch between my two profiles in OL 2003 without
>substantial trouble. For a while I was able to do so by closing OL in one
>profile and restareting it ans selecting the other profile. For the past
>many months I have had to open the Windows Task Manager after closing OL and
>stopping Outlook.exe and then restarting OL and selecting the other profile.
>M<Ore recently, however, even that step almost always fails. I am pretty
>much down to rebooting the darned computer in order to change profiles. And
>you know how long that can take. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to
>fix?

See if something here helps:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm
--