From: PW on
On 7 May 2010 17:56:17 GMT, "David W. Fenton"
<XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:

>PW <emailaddyinsig(a)ifIremember.com> wrote in
>
>> On 6 May 2010 02:27:27 GMT, "David W. Fenton"
>><XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>>>I would agree that some version of Terminal Services is probably
>>>the easiest to implement, but I'm not sure it's the right solution
>>>for really small groups of users (like two).
>>
>> But it might be for our larger clients. Good to know in case they
>> ask.
>
>Had you described a different situation, I would have given a
>different answer. Pardon me for providing an answer for the question
>you asked!

My wife just told me that one client IS using Terminal Services with
our application without any problems! Thanks.

-paulw
From: PW on
On Fri, 7 May 2010 05:59:41 -0700 (PDT), rkc <rkc(a)rkcny.com> wrote:

>An odbc connection to a hosted MySql or SQL Server database might be
>something to consider.
>Cheap. Easy to set up. Don't have to change anything but the links in
>the frontend .mdb file.

So I would not have to change any of the code that access the data
(recordsets, dlookups, etc...)? Of course, as long as the table and
field names are the same.

I just installed MySQL Server 5.1 but can't for the life of me figure
out how to access or build a database! I guess I need something else.