From: Michael Wood on
On 5 July 2010 18:16, Ryan Bair <ryandbair(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like the new sync module also supports SHA1 and MD5 hashed passwords.
>
> "To synchronize passwords from LDAP, you will need an LDAP attribute that stores
> passwords in plain text, MD5 or SHA1 format. "
>
> Not sure if Samba4 stores in these formats or not though...

No, I don't think so. From Jorijn's e-mail I thought Google's LDAP
server stored in these formats. Perhaps I misunderstood.

I think it depends on which direction the sync is supposed to happen.
From google to Samba or the other way or both ways.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot(a)gmail.com>
Hi,

On Jul 5, 2010, at 21:52 :42, Michael Wood wrote:

> No, I don't think so. From Jorijn's e-mail I thought Google's LDAP
> server stored in these formats. Perhaps I misunderstood.
>
> I think it depends on which direction the sync is supposed to happen.
> From google to Samba or the other way or both ways.

It is supposed to be sync'ed from samba to google. Google accepts passwords stored in sha1, md5 or plaintext. So I need a way to make samba additionally store these passwords in a separate LDAP attribute. I know there is a DLL for windows so theoretically it would be possible.

--
Jorijn Schrijvershof
Unfortunately I'm not seeing a similar extension point on s4. I
wouldn't imagine adding one would be too terrible though.