From: Antares 531 on
I built a new computer a few months ago and set it up with Windows 7
as the OS. I still have my old computer with Windows XP Pro, SP3 on
it. The old computer has my old accounting and tax records under MS
Money and H&R Block Tax Prep, and all my personal stuff like image
files, Word documents, etc., on it.

The new computer has Intel Quicken and Turbo Tax. I have imported my
accounting files into Quicken on the new computer but have kept a
parallel set of these records going on my old computer...just in case
something went kaput. I kept the old computer alive and active until I
finished this year's tax returns, and now I would like to synchronize
the files on both computers, then quietly put the old computer to
death.

What is the best way to accomplish this? I have them both connected by
CAT 5 cables to my Actiontec WI-FI that provides interconnection to my
two desktop, my laptop and my wife's desktop computers. Is there a
free or reasonably priced software that would let me synchronize the
files on both of my desktop computers without overwriting and messing
up any existing files?

I guess the first thing I need to do is get both computers set up so
they can swap/share files, but I'm not sure how to go about doing
this.

Thanks, Gordon
From: "db" databaseben at hotmail dot on
microsoft's sync toy