From: Mike on
Can I sync an Outlook client with an exchange server remotely (not attached
to the network where the Exchange resides). Anyway to use Active Sync?
Workstation is not on the domain.

Right now were poping e-mail down to the client (Outlook), the contacts,
calendar & tasks are not being updated on the server because they they reside
on the workstation/client side and no connection back to the Exchange server.

Mike
From: neo on
You should ask the folks that run the Exchange server if they support RPC
over HTTP (a.k.a Outlook Anywhere). If they answer yes and you have Windows
XP SP2 or newer operating system with Outlook 2003 and newer, you can.

From: Mike on
The answer is yes to all of the above, what's the process to accomplish?

From: neo on
As your Exchange server support folks to look at:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/outlookrpchttp.html

Ask them what you need to plug in or remove in the screenshots so that you
can connect from internet to their exchange system w/out having to vpn
first.