From: bagman on
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:04:13 -0600, bagman <elopppoer(a)yughi.net>
wrote:

>Jurgen, adding a line break there doesn't work because I'm working in
>a limited space. If I add the <br> there it pushes 'Return to vote'
>down and out of sight in the iframe it is in. The 'if arg' is the
>place to put it because at that point (if true) it doesn't fall
>through to the next line of code, it just ends the routine there and I
>have my 2 line breaks. If it falls through the 2 line breaks aren't
>added and the 'Return to vote' is OK (or that's the way I'm reading
>the code).
>
>Nothing is working so I need to recheck and make sure I'm at the
>correct location in the code. Thanks to all that replied and for all
>your help. I may be back.

Oh, forgot to mention that my problem only happens in IE8. FireFox 3.6
is working fine.
From: J�rgen Exner on
bagman <elopppoer(a)yughi.net> wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:48:13 -0800, J�rgen Exner
[...]
>Jurgen, adding a line break there doesn't work because I'm working in
>a limited space. If I add the <br> there it pushes 'Return to vote'
>down and out of sight in the iframe it is in. The 'if arg' is the
>place to put it because at that point (if true) it doesn't fall
>through to the next line of code, it just ends the routine there and I
>have my 2 line breaks. If it falls through the 2 line breaks aren't
>added and the 'Return to vote' is OK (or that's the way I'm reading
>the code).

What on earth are you talking about? You got basically

if ($arg eq 'only') {
print "Some HTML Code";
}
print table_bottom();
exit;

>Nothing is working so I need to recheck and make sure I'm at the
>correct location in the code. Thanks to all that replied and for all
>your help. I may be back.

Now where again to you want to print those additional <BR>?
Not in the condition, I hope. That would be poor style.
In the true case? Well, that's what all the people told you how to do
it.
In the else/false case? Well, there is none.
After the conditional? Well, then just do so, before or after the print
table bottom() at your convenience.

jue
From: J�rgen Exner on
bagman <elopppoer(a)yughi.net> wrote:

>Oh, forgot to mention that my problem only happens in IE8. FireFox 3.6
>is working fine.

Forgive me for asking, but given that information what exactly makes you
believe that you got a Perl problem?

jue