From: bondjel on
I have columns of data and recorded a macro for taking the average of every
seven numerical entries. What syntax do I use to tell the macro to stop
looping when it gets to a blank cell in the column?
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Post your recorded macro.
--
Mike

question.

From: Stefi on
See Exit Do statement in Do ...Loop in VBA Help!

--
Regards!
Stefi

From: bondjel on
Mike,

Here it is:

Do
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=AVERAGE(R[-6]C[-1]:RC[-1])"
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=AVERAGE(R[-6]C[-1]:RC[-1])"
Loop

From: Mike H on
Hi,

there will no doubt be some comment that selecting cells isn't the best way
to do what you want but if it works for you then so be it. This selects the
cell then checks for data in the cell to the left and if it's empty the loop
terminates

Do
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=AVERAGE(R[-6]C[-1]:RC[-1])"
Loop Until ActiveCell.Offset(, -1).Value = ""
--
Mike

question.