From: Xyfor on
I just encountered a wierd error. I used sysprep to make an image for our
new laptop fleet, and after reboot, I get a msoobe.exe application error box
saying: the exception unknown software excption (0xc06d007e) occurred in the
application at location 0x7c812a5b. Yes it is worded just like that. If you
hit the ok button, you get another pop-up box stating: The system is not
fully installed. Please run setup again. I have never had an issue with
sysprep before. Any ideas?
From: jschmidt on
Did you ever get an answer to this, because we are in the same boat, only out
error message is 'The instruction at "0x604a296e" referenced memory at
"0x000000". The memory could not be read.

From: RCB on
Yes, I have also ran into this issue. I am hoping that there is an easy
workaround.

From: wadeb03 on
I am having the exact same problem with sysprep and imaging our new
desktops. I'm thinking it might be something to do with a Microsoft
Update. Not sure what update though...I'm going to start over again
today.

From: TimM on
I also have the same problem, and have narrowed it down to Windows updates.
I update via a batch file - if I don't run the updates I don't have the
problem, if I do - I have the problem. I have not been able to locate which
update is causing it ...