From: LD5SZRA on

You don't need to create a bootable CD because your Windows XP
Professional CD is itself a bootable CD. If you want a CD to
create backup copies of your documents because your system has
become unresponsive or unbootable then I suggest you download
either a Windows Vista Recovery CD or Windows 7 Recovery CD
because these CDs will be able to read the NTFS file System of
Windows XP and allow you to create backups. Try this link:

<http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/>

Windows 7 Recovery CD Link is at the bottom of the screen.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
From: Twayne on
In news:O4NFNoZ6KHA.3656(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Daave <daave(a)example.com> typed:
> Jessica(a)aol.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP
>> Professional CD. I am trying to create a bootable cd.
>
> Why are you doing this?
>
> What do you intend to do with it?
>
> Is there a specific type of bootable CD you are trying to
> create? Bart PE perhaps?
>
> Please provide more information.

OP: As you've already been told by another poster, it's not on the CD; it's
created on the hard drive and can be different for different computer
configurations. Pull the one from your boot drive to see it as it needs to
be.

It would have been smart to mention what it is that you're trying to do. Oh,
and ignore LD55ZRA; it seldom gives anything useful.

HTH,

Twayne`