From: Nordine Benbachir on
I run Visual Studio 2008 SP1 on Vista x64.

I got this error message when trying to add a service reference (svcutil):
could not load type 'System.ServiceModel.FaultImportOptions

The problem was solved by installing Windows6.0-KB958483-x64.msu from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=98E83614-C30A-4B75-9E05-0A9C3FBDD20D&displaylang=en&displaylang=en

Now I get another error:
Method not found: 'Void
System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.EventLogger.UnsafeLogEvent(System.Diagnostics.TraceEventType,
System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.EventLogCategory,
System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.EventLogEventId, Boolean, System.String[])'.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Nordine
From: George Potts on
I had a similar UnsafeLogEvent stack dump after installing my TS Web Access
role / website in WS08. My solution was to install .Net 3.5 SP1 and reboot.
So my guess would be to install NDP35SP1-KB958484-x64.exe from the link you
posted and see if that solves it for you.

Cheers

From: Nordine Ben Bachir on
No it doesn't help. I've installed .NET 3.5 SP1, then all the updates from
(in order)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=98E83614-C30A-4B75-9E05-0A9C3FBDD20D&displaylang=en&displaylang=en

And I still get:
Method not found: 'Void
System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.EventLogger.UnsafeLogEvent

Any other suggestion?

Nordine

From: Nordine Ben Bachir on
I completely uninstalled .NET 3.5 and .NET 3.0. I rebooted and reinstalled
Visual Studio + .NET 3.5 SP1 and the problem got solved.

I don't dare to install the updates from