From: Sunny on
Hi,

My PC is getting restarted on clicking Turn Off while I shut down my computer.
I had my updates installed in the evening yesterday. I face this issue after
installation of the updates. Please help in this regard.

Regards,
Sunny
From: Shenan Stanley on
Sunny wrote:
> My PC is getting restarted on clicking Turn Off while I shut down
> my computer. I had my updates installed in the evening yesterday. I
> face this issue after installation of the updates. Please help in
> this regard.

If you remove the updates you installed, does the problem go away?

What operating system are you even running?
What service pack level is said operating system?
What updates were these that you installed?
Were any of them hardware drivers?

Have you checked with your hardware manufacturer - their downloads/support
web page - and seen if you have any newer hardware device drivers
(motherboard chipset, video device, audio device, network device, etc?)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Ǝиçεl on
The only way you could tell which update is causing this issue is by
installing them one at a time or, install them all at once and remove
one at a time. If you find that one of the *Security* updates has caused
an issue, Microsoft will provide * no-charge support *.

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KBXXXXXX).

Or you can...

<https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527>

The Consumer Security Support home page & Microsoft Update Solution Center
also offer support options
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

I'm suяe someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.

Let us know what hªppens.

Ǝиçεl
-=-
PS
I would suggest you to start a free Windows Update support incident request

From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"Sunny" <Sunny(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> My PC is getting restarted on clicking Turn Off while I shut down my
> computer.

It will probably help to elaborate on your "getting restarted" symptom.
E.g. it sounds like something is crashing your system (even during shutdown)
and you have auto recovery enabled. Therefore, I would disable auto
recovery and wait for a BSOD. Alternatively, you may find clues in your
Event log which explain your symptom as a similar cause.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---