From: Gator56 on
I'm getting a 1606 error telling me it cant access my network appdata how can
I fix it?
--
Gator
From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"Gator56" <Gator56(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'm getting a 1606 error telling me it cant access my network appdata how
> can I fix it?

On what OS? Is it a hex code?

<cmd_output OS="W7">
C:\> net helpmsg 1606

Feature ID not registered.

C:\>set /a c = 0x1606
5638
C:\>net helpmsg %c%

The system cannot find message text for message number 0x1606 in the message
file for NETMSG.
</cmd_output>

In any case find some context in any diagnostics which are being generated
or which you can activate. You could run ProcMon to try to detect ones you
aren't already aware of.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---
---

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
How does your problem pertain to Windows Update functionality?