Prev: Win 7 Updates
Next: appdata
From: armyguy on
I have tried several times to install KB979683 and keep getting failure
message. All other updates load fine. Also, have Stopzilla and McAfee Virus
Scan but can't seem to get rid of a malicious file that won't let me go to
sites when I look up things on google, bing....always get sent to
advertisement websites. Any ideas or helpful suggestions!! Thanks
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

When does your McAfee subscription expire?

Has another McAfee application or a Norton ever been installed on the
it)?

Did update KB977165 install?

Run the Fix It on this page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966 What
result do you get?

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Ǝиçεl on
The redirect is an indication
that the system is infected.

I recommend downloading and installing MalwareBytes' Antimalware (MBAM) and
SUPERAntiSpywaяe (SAS).

Do a FULL scan with MalwaяeBytes' and SUPERAntiSpywaяe.

<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
Reboot
-=-
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
Reboot
-=-

Suggest you seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware
forum or contact MS for no-charge support in getting the malware removed:

If you're in the US or Canada, contact MS at 1-866-PCSafety [1-866-727-2338]

or

<http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9>

<http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30>

-=-

"armyguy" wrote:

> I have tried several times to install KB979683 and keep getting failure
> message. All other updates load fine. Also, have Stopzilla and McAfee Virus
> Scan but can't seem to get rid of a malicious file that won't let me go to
> sites when I look up things on google, bing....always get sent to
> advertisement websites. Any ideas or helpful suggestions!! Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: Win 7 Updates
Next: appdata