From: John Barnett MVP on
256MB of RAM is better than you originally had. Whether it is enough will
depend upon what applications you run and how memory intensive they are. The
other thing, of course, is how much memory your motherboard will actually
take. Most modern board will take 2GB or more of memory; if yours is an old
machine your maximum memory may only be 256 or 512MB

Your video card is rather old too. Most video cards start at around 64MB now
with 128MB being a common one. Again, unless your video 'shared' main memory
originally the only way to increase it is to buy a new video card. Or,
maybe, a more cost effective way would be to consider a new PC. I may be
wrong in assuming your PC is some years old now, but i certainly would
consider a new PC than try to upgrade. If the PC is 2 years old then, okay,
upgrade If it is older than that, say 4 or 5 years then consider a new one.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..