From: outpost7 on
Hi,

On the My T-mobile website, after you log in it lists some addtional
services:

Does anyone know what "Charge to Account Bar" and "Who Called Bar"
actually do?

TIA.

From: Stephen Henson on
In article <1177507523.539362.43300(a)c18g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
outpost7(a)googlemail.com says...
> Hi,
>
> On the My T-mobile website, after you log in it lists some addtional
> services:
>
> Does anyone know what "Charge to Account Bar" and "Who Called Bar"
> actually do?

Well apparently "Charge to Account Bar" is a partial bar on reverse
charging for some services. It isn't a complete reverse SMS charge bar
(as I used to think) because I've had that set and still got charged.

Steve.
From: Clark on

<outpost7(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> On the My T-mobile website, after you log in it lists some addtional
> services:
>
> Does anyone know what "Charge to Account Bar" and "Who Called Bar"
> actually do?
>
> TIA.

Phone companies will never stop the reverse charge scam as they get a cut
from it. The same as they never act when they know a stolen phone is being
used on the network. It means a loss of revenue.

From: David Hearn on
Clark wrote:
> <outpost7(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> On the My T-mobile website, after you log in it lists some addtional
>> services:
>>
>> Does anyone know what "Charge to Account Bar" and "Who Called Bar"
>> actually do?
>>
>> TIA.
>>
> Phone companies will never stop the reverse charge scam as they get a cut
> from it. The same as they never act when they know a stolen phone is being
> used on the network. It means a loss of revenue.

Strange then that T-Mobile CS will block this for you if you phone and
request it.

From: Jon on
ccs(a)cl2rk.co.uk declared for all the world to hear...
> Phone companies will never stop the reverse charge scam as they get a cut
> from it.

T-mobile do and have done for several years.
--
Regards
Jon