From: Hugo Kornelis on
On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:25:33 -0800 (PST), --CELKO-- wrote:

>I am confused as to why you went out of your way to avoid the ISO
>language and country codes. You have allowed data errors to creep in
>with the NVARCHAR(15) declarations. I also cannot find an ISO Culture
>Code standard; what is it? My idea of a culture would be more like
>"Beatnik", "Goth", "Zulu" and other sociology terms.

Hi Joe,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/87k6sx8t%28VS.71%29.aspx

--
Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
My SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
From: Hugo Kornelis on
On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:25:33 -0800 (PST), --CELKO-- wrote:

>I am confused as to why you went out of your way to avoid the ISO
>language and country codes. You have allowed data errors to creep in
>with the NVARCHAR(15) declarations. I also cannot find an ISO Culture
>Code standard; what is it? My idea of a culture would be more like
>"Beatnik", "Goth", "Zulu" and other sociology terms.

Hi Joe,

Sorry, hit sent too soon.

The link below explains what I think Polaris431 refers to when he
mentions "cultures" in his post. It also helps understand why this
non-1NF attribute is used.