From: Karthik Balaguru on
Hi,
I have been thinking about the connection
speed and recently came across the T/TCP :-)
I understand that T/TCP was introduced
to provide advantages of the TCP and UDP.
That is, it coupules the reliability of TCP and the
speed of UDP . Interesting to know that the 3-way
handshake method can be bypassed by TCP
Accelerated Open (TAO) and also the TIME_WAIT
can be truncated to provide the extra speed !

The below link seems to convey the main
security problems w.r.t T/TCP -
http://web.archive.org/web/20071018112125/www.phrack.org/issues.html?issue=53&id=6
It seems to convey that the attacker easily gets
the spoofed connection into the established
state and that he does not need to predict the
return sequence number as in normal TCP . It
seems that he just needs to ensure the success
of the TAO test.

I also came across the below link -
http://www.mid-way.org/doc/ttcp-sec.txt

But, are there any fix/tricks to overcome these
issues so that the benefits of T/TCP can be
harnessed ? Any ideas ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru
From: Jorgen Grahn on
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.protocols.tcp-ip.]

On Sun, 2010-02-28, Karthik Balaguru wrote:
> Hi,

Didn't you agree a few days ago *not* to crosspost like that? This is
offtopic in all of the five groups you are posting to, except
comp.protocols.tcp-ip.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
From: Karthik Balaguru on
On Mar 1, 2:53 am, Jorgen Grahn <grahn+n...(a)snipabacken.se> wrote:
> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.protocols.tcp-ip.]
>
> On Sun, 2010-02-28, Karthik Balaguru wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Didn't you agree a few days ago *not* to crosspost like that?  This is
> offtopic in all of the five groups you are posting to, except
> comp.protocols.tcp-ip.

Since this query is related with networking
and security issues, the security and networking
groups were included for this query so that
they could share their thoughts. But, if it is
very much out-of topic in those groups, then
it can be considered just as you conveyed.

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Pages: 1
Prev: CentOS 5.4 and VNC