From: Theodore Durst on
I think I have a configuration issue, but it looks like a strange one
on this end. Before going line by line, I thought I would throw this out
to the list.

I am attempting to set up postfix (send only) with TLS support. TLS was
compiled in and postfix does run, it does send mail in the clear.
However, we need it to send via TLS. I am wondering if there is a line
in main.cf that tells postfix to advertis/offer TLS authentication that
is not set. Is there a command to ask postfix if TLS is running?

Like I said above, this sounds like something is amiss with one of the
config files, but I am not sure where to look.

Any hints?

Theodore

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Theodore Durst <tdurst(a)durstmedia.com>:
> I think I have a configuration issue, but it looks like a strange one
> on this end. Before going line by line, I thought I would throw this out
> to the list.
>
> I am attempting to set up postfix (send only) with TLS support. TLS was
> compiled in and postfix does run, it does send mail in the clear.
> However, we need it to send via TLS. I am wondering if there is a line
> in main.cf that tells postfix to advertis/offer TLS authentication that
> is not set. Is there a command to ask postfix if TLS is running?

postconf -n

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: markus reichelt on
* Theodore Durst <tdurst(a)durstmedia.com> wrote:

> Any hints?

When I started I found this quite useful:

http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/postfix_tutorial.html

--
left blank, right bald
From: Jerry on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:09:37 +0200
markus reichelt <ml(a)mareichelt.com> articulated:

> When I started I found this quite useful:
>
> http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/postfix_tutorial.html

The tutorial, while useful, is nevertheless dated.

--
Jerry ✌
postfix-user(a)seibercom.net

If I were to walk on water, the press would say I'm only doing it
because I can't swim.

Bob Stanfield
From: Jeroen Geilman on

On 07/14/2010 08:09 PM, markus reichelt wrote:
> * Theodore Durst<tdurst(a)durstmedia.com> wrote:
>

>> Any hints?
>>
> When I started I found this quite useful:
>
> http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/postfix_tutorial.html

Please stick to the actual documentation, to avoid misunderstandings :
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html

J.