From: chriske911 on
without changing anything on our exchange 2007 server I got folowing
error after a reboot:

A certificate for the hostname "www.eu.company.com" could not be found.
SSL or TLS encryption cannot be made to the IMAP service.

running Get-ExchangeCertificate |fl gives me following result:

AccessRules :
{System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule,
System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule,
System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule}
CertificateDomains : {www.eu.company.com, autodiscover.eu.company.com,
mail.eu.company.com,owa.eu.company.com, mail.eu.company.com,
mailserver.eu.company.com, mailserver, eu.company.com}
HasPrivateKey : True
IsSelfSigned : False
Issuer : CN=GlobalSign Domain Validation CA, O=GlobalSign
nv-sa, OU=Domain Validation CA, C=BE
NotAfter : 14/03/2011
NotBefore : 18/02/2010
PublicKeySize : 2048
RootCAType : Unknown
SerialNumber : 0100000000012628645D6A
Services : IMAP, POP, IIS, SMTP
Subject : CN=www.eu.company.com, O=www.eu.company.com,
OU=Domain Control Validated, C=BE
Thumbprint : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AccessRules :
{System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule,
System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule,System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule}
CertificateDomains : {mailserver.eu.company.com}
HasPrivateKey : True
IsSelfSigned : False
Issuer : CN=euca, DC=eu, DC=icl-ltd, DC=com
NotAfter : 5/12/2010
NotBefore : 5/12/2009
PublicKeySize : 1024
RootCAType : Enterprise
SerialNumber : 4846622B00050000080C
Services : SMTP
Subject : CN=mailserver.eu.company.com
Thumbprint : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did notice the invalid status but that was never an issue before
and OWA and rpc over http are still working fine

the only thing that isn't working is IMAP with TLS, all other services
are OK

what can I do to get TLS working again?

thnx

From: WorkingHardInIt on
Check if your Intermediate Authority's certificate in the computer's
Intermediate Certificate Authorities store hasn't expired. If so get the
most recent one from the CA's website and import it. Also verify the correct
cert is being used.

From: chriske911 on
After serious thinking WorkingHardInIt wrote :
> Check if your Intermediate Authority's certificate in the computer's
> Intermediate Certificate Authorities store hasn't expired. If so get the most
> recent one from the CA's website and import it. Also verify the correct cert
> is being used.

> "chriske911" <chriske911nosp(a)m.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> without changing anything on our exchange 2007 server I got folowing error
>> after a reboot:
>>
>> A certificate for the hostname "www.eu.company.com" could not be found. SSL
>> or TLS encryption cannot be made to the IMAP service.
>>
>> running Get-ExchangeCertificate |fl gives me following result:
>>
>> AccessRules : {System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule,
>> System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule,
>> System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule}
>> CertificateDomains : {www.eu.company.com, autodiscover.eu.company.com,
>> mail.eu.company.com,owa.eu.company.com, mail.eu.company.com,
>> mailserver.eu.company.com, mailserver, eu.company.com}
>> HasPrivateKey : True
>> IsSelfSigned : False
>> Issuer : CN=GlobalSign Domain Validation CA, O=GlobalSign
>> nv-sa, OU=Domain Validation CA, C=BE
>> NotAfter : 14/03/2011
>> NotBefore : 18/02/2010
>> PublicKeySize : 2048
>> RootCAType : Unknown
>> SerialNumber : 0100000000012628645D6A
>> Services : IMAP, POP, IIS, SMTP
>> Subject : CN=www.eu.company.com, O=www.eu.company.com, OU=Domain
>> Control Validated, C=BE
>> Thumbprint : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> AccessRules : {System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule,
>> System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule,System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule}
>> CertificateDomains : {mailserver.eu.company.com}
>> HasPrivateKey : True
>> IsSelfSigned : False
>> Issuer : CN=euca, DC=eu, DC=icl-ltd, DC=com
>> NotAfter : 5/12/2010
>> NotBefore : 5/12/2009
>> PublicKeySize : 1024
>> RootCAType : Enterprise
>> SerialNumber : 4846622B00050000080C
>> Services : SMTP
>> Subject : CN=mailserver.eu.company.com
>> Thumbprint : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> I did notice the invalid status but that was never an issue before
>> and OWA and rpc over http are still working fine
>>
>> the only thing that isn't working is IMAP with TLS, all other services are
>> OK
>>
>> what can I do to get TLS working again?
>>
>> thnx

when I look in the local certificates MMC everything is OK
Globalsign root and intermediate certificates are valid
certificate chain is OK

certificate wise I think it is all dandy fine
I do find a number of links in regards to this error when I Google it
so far I haven't been able to solve it following the many leads

anyone else here that has had this issue?

grtz