From: Bob on
I have acquired Win32:Adloader-S trojan from ?? where. None of my spyware
programs found it. Inquiring with a local Computer Tech. why my anti-virus
didn't work, he advised me to download AVAST anti-virus. It found it! Now,
I cannot get rid of it. Can anyone tell me where to go to delete this out
of my system?
thanks

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Bob" <roburt(a)grande.net>

| I have acquired Win32:Adloader-S trojan from ?? where. None of my spyware
| programs found it. Inquiring with a local Computer Tech. why my anti-virus
| didn't work, he advised me to download AVAST anti-virus. It found it! Now,
| I cannot get rid of it. Can anyone tell me where to go to delete this out
| of my system?
| thanks

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.

file. http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm

Additional Instructions:
http://harrisonrj.home.comcast.net/step_by_step_pc_cleaning_process.htm#Step_3_%96_Getting_Help

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: Bob on
Thanks David. Will this virus attach, and travel thru email?

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Bob" <roburt(a)grande.net>

| Thanks David. Will this virus attach, and travel thru email?

It is not a virus.

Based upon the name; Win32:Adloader-S
I would say no. It is a Trojan and to a worm so it doesn't self replicate via email and the
name "adloader" implies it is in the malware class of "adware".

From: Bob on
Thanks David. I just scanned my second computer and it was clean. I
use(ed) the Cox Internet Security Suite. I don't no whose AV they have
installed. Anyway, it was attached to My Cox AV, with a "prism.exe". It
was in the boot sector. It completely disabled the AV. I downloaded AVAST
AV, and it was the only one that detected it.
Only after deleting the Win32Adloader, with AVAST, and uninstalling the
Cox Security Suite it was removed.
I since have run several of the other well known online AV scanners and it's
now showing me as clean. Needless to say, Cox Internet Security Suite
didn't catch it coming in.