From: idbeholda on
The database has been updated with approximately 30k in new
definitions. In the coming weeks, there will be a major build release
that will involve new heuristics and an executable packer database
that contains nearly 4000 headers used in the detection of malware.

http://www.tot-ltd.org
http://www.tot-ltd.org/TT-Livescan.rar

Enjoy.
From: Dustin Cook on
idbeholda <idbeholda(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:be95a671-22e8-40d5-8a69-
ba1686619219(a)d27g2000yqf.googlegroups.com:

> The database has been updated with approximately 30k in new
> definitions. In the coming weeks, there will be a major build release
> that will involve new heuristics and an executable packer database
> that contains nearly 4000 headers used in the detection of malware.

Sounds like you've been very busy. Congrats on the packer database. Does it
identify the packer being used if known as well? Or, is it just for the
assistance in detection of possible malware?

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: idbeholda on
The packer database will be used to detect what type of packer was
used to compress the executable. Beyond that, I'll be adding in an
option for using an external decompression routines if a file returns
a positive packer check.