From: sledge on
Hi,
I have been assigned the task of writing a fresh TWAIN driver and its
WIA equivalent. Where can I find a skeleton TWAN driver ? Reading
TWAIN spec 2.1 seems too boring.
Thanks
Slater
From: Tim Roberts on
sledge <sunilkjin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I have been assigned the task of writing a fresh TWAIN driver and its
>WIA equivalent. Where can I find a skeleton TWAN driver ? Reading
>TWAIN spec 2.1 seems too boring.

A TWAIN data source is a huge undertaking. The TWAIN spec is large and
complicated, although much of it is boilerplate. Here are the sample files
from the TWAIN group, including a sample data source:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/twain-samples/files/

A WIA minidriver is far simpler, and if you write a WIA minidriver,
Microsoft has a TWAIN compatibility layer that will expose it as a TWAIN
data source. You don't need both.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.